Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Things To Stop Caring About (by Megan Hullinger)

Why is it that I have all these awesome ideas about blogging, and when I sit down, I have no thoughts left? Irritating.

Have you ever had those days where you stop caring about certain things in your life? Like, those stupid OxyClean commercials where the guy is yelling at you to use the product? Sir, I don't care if it gets mustard out of the clothes, quit freaking yelling at me. So, here are my list of things that I have stopped caring about in my life:

1. I don't care that I wake up with one word and one song that keeps running through my head. This morning? Word = torso. Song = Lamb Chops Playalong Theme/This is the song that never ends. A couple of days ago, Word = Popsicle. Song = The Hills are Alive. WHAT is happening to my BRAIN? Who cares, I don't.

2. I don't care that the Obama's are getting a dog. WHAT? This is what we talk about? I also don't care what Michelle is wearing, how much the girls love Miley Cirus and the Jonas Brothers, or how the White House is being redecorated. Stop talking about it.

3. I don't care if I never hear George Bush's name again. That sentiment also includes Carl Rove, Dick Cheney, and that Rice woman. Hell, it includes Joe Biden, Hilary Clinton, Harry Reid, Gov. Gibbons, Gov. Blowjob-ovich, Kennedy, and even President Obama. You're all full of hot air anyway, just do your damn jobs and quit pointing fingers, it's annoying.

4. I don't care about anything that Fox News reports on. O'Reilly makes me sick.

5. I don't care that people are all pissed off about Miss California. She has her opinion. Perez Hilton has his opinion. I have my opinion. MOVE ON.

6. I don't care that Sprint now has the first 4G network. What does that even mean?

7. I don't care that Jay Leno is leaving the Tonight Show. 11:30 is too late for me, kids - I'm old.

8. I don't care that the actors are working without a contract. Really? You need a contract to earn millions? Whatever. Lots of people work without a contract and are getting shit pay and pink slips. Get over yourselves, you are NOT that important, and NOT that influential. Quit acting like you are.

9. I don't care about the newest toys from Apple (sorry, Michael).

10. I don't care who you are, if you get a DUI, you lose your license. End. Of. Story.

11. I don't care what ingredients are in it - I'm going to get a pizza if I want to.

12. I don't care if you hate Twilight, I love it, so get over it.

13. I don't care if my apartment isn't 100% clean right now. That's a big step for me.

14. I don't care if ANYONE gets bailed out any more. Screw those guys, let the stock market correct itself, we'll be fine, even if we are all living in boxes. That's what happens when our country gets greedy.

15. I don't care what TMobile is selling, but damn are their commercials funny.

I DO care that the weekend is only 2 days away. Happy Wednesday :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

You are so funny Meg! I am happy I came across your blog!